Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Insights

Having these new babies in our home has been a different challenge than what I thought it would be.  Isn't that how life goes?  But with the little time I have I wanted to jot down some thoughts before I forget them.

1.  It's ok to change our philosophies and plans to better fit our family.  (I was planning on tandem nursing since I found out I was pregnant with twins.  But come to find out, it would have been WAY to emotional and physically stressing for me and twins.  So we decided to change gears and formula feed, and it was the best thing we could have done for our family.  Interesting how what we always planned isn't always best.)

2.  It's ok for the rest of my children to wait, so I can better serve the needs of one.  (If the babies are fed and changed, they'll be fine to cry for five minutes while I fix Steven another sandwich.)

3.  It may not seem like it, but my boys are learning...I hope.  I've been trying to reinforce rules and behaviors that have been put on hold for the past 3 months while I haven't been able to physically enforce them.  It's been a bit rough, but I was promised in a blessing this, so I need to repeat it to myself constantly.

4.  I can't control other people, namely my children.  The sooner I get this one down, the better my life will be.  It's going to be a tough one to learn though.

5. I need guidance in my life from my Savior.  I don't know how to raise these children, what to say that will yield the best results in their life. I'm lost as to how best to raise these boys, I'm in desperate need of His help.

6.  It will get better.  I have times where I think all hope is lost.  But an hour or two passes and everything looks bright and good again.  No matter what's going on, it will get better.

7. I am beyond blessed.  I have a good life.  Yes, there are some rough times, but there is so much good.  Everything has gone so well for us, in every aspect.  We've had so much support from family and friends, Jacob and I are in awe with how we lucky we are.  

3 comments:

  1. Cassanda,
    I am so proud of you. You are a wonderful daughter, wife, and mother....and you seem to have a deep sensitivity to the Spirit, for which I am very grateful. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen and i love you.
    thanks for writing this... i feel like it was just for me.
    you are doing a great job!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very blessed to be so in tune with the Spirit!!! Thank you for teaching me and setting such a great example for me!!! Thank you again!! Sure miss you and love you!!!

    ReplyDelete