Thursday, December 20, 2012

Reality

I've started probably 5 posts trying to put into words the life lessons I've been learning, and what's been impressed in my heart, but none of them really seemed to be good enough.  So I'll try one more time to combine them all.  They all have some story that illustrates my new realization: my reality is better than anything I could imagine or try to create.  I've tried to stop trying to make my family or myself fit into a mold that I think we should be in. But when I embrace this fact and go with the flow that my children are handing me, our life is much more magical.  It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be real.

It's ok if the boys fight, it means they are learning how to share and play with others.  It's ok if we watch an extra half hour of T.V. if it means I get to clean the house uninterrupted (something that I need to be happy).  It's ok if we don't have a fancy meal every night, sometimes oatmeal and toast is all we need, and I'm happier because I didn't have to fight off playing with the kids to spend hours making something.  I'm learning I don't have to be perfect.  This is a huge realization to me.  All my boys need is a happy mom to read to them, "nuggle" them, and go on grand adventures with  Lego's and treasure maps.  I feel like I can do that, which puts the pressure off of me to be a mom that ends up on pinterest multiple times.  My family doesn't care.  They care if I'm happy and will give them love and attention.  That I can do...most of the time.

Life is too precious to not enjoy everything you've been given, the hard and the easy.  Here are some moments we've had lately.

Christopher says, "thank you mommy,"  after most things I do for him, even changing his diaper.  I could eat him up!

On a "mommy date"
William has started to scoot around on the floor.


These two boys are in this position within seconds of being set next to each other.  I hope someday they'll let me into their club.


Ryan smiles at me the second I walk into their room to wake them up; whether he's awake or asleep.
Ryan trying out Grandma Morrise's exersaucer 

Holiday Cheer

Steven asks Christopher to make him things out of the Lego's that look exactly like his.  Their favorite is called "elmo." 

What we were doing 12/12/12 at 12:12
(sorry it's blurry, Christopher's always on the move)


Ryan on everyone's first time on the front runner


We had to walk around for a bit till the next train came



twins in the hood
 Steven starts to tell me jokes only to stop because, "they're just too funny".

cleaning up leaves...

...then putting them in front of our neighbor's house

Steven and Christopher playing a game they made up:  rolly rolly sandwich.  (they twirl around until they fall down.)
 
I love the wonder in William's eyes
Yep, my reality rocks!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more Cassanda!!! Your reality sure does rock!!! I absolutely love the picture of your older boys with the legos and your little ones with their arms linked!!! Such cute, adorable, and charming kids you have!!!

    ReplyDelete