Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Go for the Gold

I love the Olympics! Hence the patriotic background. I had a friend ask me why I liked them so much, and I couldn't say why. Now I know. It's about real people who are striving for their dream. Jacob makes fun of me because I cry so often during them, I blame just having Steven, but really they are just so touching! How can you not feel any emotion when Alexandre Bilodeau wins the first gold medal for Canada on their home soil. Then he dedicated his run to his older brother with cerebral palsy. I love that I can cheer and follow the stories of people from all over the world. The Olympics are about the world coming together to cheer each other on, no matter where they are from. Of course we'd love to see USA sweep the board, but sometimes there is a bigger story to be told and that's what I love about the Olympics. Here are some pictures of us in our Olympic gear, a tradition started with my roommates 4 years ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment