Monday, February 8, 2010

Sword Fights and Solids

Yesterday at church, Jacob gave him a pen to hold then got one for himself. Jacob started to hit Steven's like they were having a sword fight then held his back a little. I thought for sure Steven would just try and take Jacob's and stick it in his mouth. But I was wrong and our smart little boy started to swing his pen back and forth hitting Jacob's. They had a sword fight for probably 5 minutes. It's so fun to see Steven growing up and interact with us more.

Also yesterday we gave Steven his first solid food, rice cereal. I've been told that it will take some time for Steven to get used to the action of eating solids, so I expected for him to only get a couple of mouthfuls down. Once again my little boy surprised me by inhaling ALL the cereal we made for him. He knew exactly what to do and loved every minute of it. He would have fed himself if Jacob and I would have let him. I just can't handle how my baby is growing up. At first I couldn't wait for him to grow up and become a little boy, but now I just want my baby back. Don't get me wrong, I love to watch him try new things and figure out new things with his body. (He's become quite the roller) But I know that he will be grown up all too soon. It's a very happy bitter feeling. I'm sure all mothers feel the same.
So here are some pictures of him eating, I'm also including pictures of he and Jacob playing the guitar, I love these two!

1 comment:

  1. Steven is cute, and it's nice to see Jake playing the guitar.

    ReplyDelete