Monday, August 23, 2010

History of Soda Springs

Don't worry I really won't bore you, but there are things one must know before really appreciating these next photos. I grew up in Soda Springs Idaho. It lies pretty much in the middle of no where, but it's the prettiest middle of no where. I'm convinced. The city has the Oregon Trail going right through it, you can actually still see the ruts. So when those on the trail came along they noticed something. Throughout the city there are spots in the ground where water naturally springs and bubble from the earth. This water is not one you'd like to bottle and sell, well most people wouldn't like it. It tastes like carbonated water. Thus the town was called, Soda Springs, for the many springs that taste like a soda or pop, however you say it. Well it's a sort of tradition, if you come to Soda Springs, you've got to taste the water to truly have visited.

At the beginning of August we made a trip to Soda for a Balls Family Reunion which was held as Hooper Park, which is right next to one of the said springs. I of course did not get any pictures of the reunion, but let it be known, that I do love my Balls relatives. But Jacob and I thought it was a great time to let Steven try the Soda water. We didn't do it at Hooper Springs, because well, I have my reasons. We went to Octagon Springs, which is where Jacob proposed to me. It's true, I'm sentimental. Steven loved to see the water and dip his hands in it, but when it came to drinking it he had the same reaction as most.

2 comments:

  1. I know EXACTALLY what that little guy was going through right then! I do sympathize! :) He's a cutie! Hope that you're doing well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Love his face! It pretty much says all.

    ReplyDelete