Monday, October 10, 2011

"I'm big now mama"

This is what Steven told me the other day at the park. You know, he's right. He seems to be growing light years lately.

Doesn't he look so old here?
He's understanding and talking more, he's becoming more brave and independent. The weird thing is, I love it. I love having him narrate his life for me. I love seeing him come up to obstacles and not only face them but overcome them. I love when he helps me clean up and do the dishes. He really is a big boy!Helping mom with dinner. Doesn't he look so cute in his underwear?
(I'm his mom so I feel like I can say that)

I started potty training him a little over a week ago, and it seems to be going really well. The first day was good, then the next two days were horrible! Honestly I'm not sure how we survived. The next couple of days were good, we went out for walks and to the park. All that time he'd stay dry, and only have minimal accidents at home. Then I got sick for a couple of days, and we took some steps back. But now we are going on a day and a half with no accidents. This is including going to nursery, grandma's house, and a ward party. I'm hoping this sticks, but if not, we are on the right track!

2 comments:

  1. Steven sure is getting big! Way to go Steven for staying dry and being a BIG BOY!!! It is great to have little helpers when cooking and cleaning! It makes me appreciate the everyday things that I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh your blog makes me homesick for provo.
    i am totally going to call you and get reinforcements before i start up potty training again. i am planning on taking the re-plunge the first week of November. you know, just because.
    miss you, darling.

    ReplyDelete