Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm Learning

There's been a lot on my mind lately, I've been trying to sort them all out. I'm pretty excited about some of these, it's been a long time coming.

I'm learning it's ok if Steven dumped salt all over the cookies I made for the sisters I visit teach while I was in the shower. Don't get mad, he thought it was sugar. Just shake it off, hopefully they won't tell the difference.

I'm learning sometimes you have to let the letter of the law fall away so that the Spirit of the law can reside in your heart.

I'm learning it's alright if I bring store bought rolls to a Relief Society activity on homemaking, if it means my home has a little more peace. No one criticized me, or even noticed.

I'm learning just because what I've chosen for my life isn't what everyone else at the table has chosen for theirs doesn't mean my life is any less meaningful. I shouldn't be ashamed or try and make excuses because my life is exactly how I've always wanted.

I'm learning I don't have to have the approval of everyone around me. I can just be me, and if someone doesn't like it, then that's fine.

I'm learning the image I have of myself shouldn't be based on my weight or how I fit into the clothes I wore in high school. It's about how I feel when I exercise and eat right. I'll never be one of those women who look amazing in everything they wear. I've got curves, it's time I face that. (This is still an ongoing battle, hopefully one day I'll win. I've banned myself from the scale and that seems to help.)

I'm learning I am doing the best I can with my life, and others are doing the best they can. I can't get down on myself when I feel I don't measure up to everyone. We all have different circumstances that makes somethings easier than others.

I'm learning my Father in Heaven won't give me anything I can't work my way through. I'm often way too down on myself and think something is too hard, but I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

4 comments:

  1. Love this post Aunt Sandy. You have always been an inspiration to me. I'm trying to learn some of the same things. :) Glad we don't have to do it alone. Not only do we have our faith but we have each other. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time to learn these great lessons! Heavenly Father sure has blessed us and is always there to help us learn! I'm right there with you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts sharing the things that you're learning and going through! You're very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete