Thursday, October 9, 2014

Spencer Max 6 months and Solids!

A couple of days before these boys turned six months I finally got my act together and gave them their first solid foods.  Their older brothers of course wanted to help.
 They liked the attention at first and amused us...
Max

Spencer


 ...it didn't take long for them to let us know they were less than thrilled about it.  All the boys kept telling me to STOP feeding them, they didn't like it!  Now that they've had it for a week or two, Spencer tolerates it and Max doesn't.  At first Max cried through the feeding, I crammed food in, then he would keep his tongue out so he didn't accidently eat any of it.  Now he's learning.  He smiles at me but keeps his mouth closed the whole time.  It's adorably annoying.




Cutest 6 months olds!





 Spencer:
At his 6 month appointment he weighed a whopping 20 lbs 1 oz (90%) is 28.5 inches (98%) and his head is now back on the charts with 45.8 cm (97%)  - it was off the charts last time.  We are glad that his head/neck are getting back to normal and he will not need a helmet!  He is perfectly healthy and EVERYONE loves his adorable cheeks.  And yes they get kissed a lot.  all the time.




 Spencer is rolling over both ways and can turn where he wants to, but he's usually content to stay in one area.  He has two teeth on the bottom, and my guess the top two will come soon.  We are still working on controlling that very large head of his, but he's getting good at standing on his legs and we are still working on sitting - it's a hard one.  He loves any attention and will give anyone his adorable smile.

 Max:
At his 6 month appointment he weighed 18 lbs 15 oz (76%), is 27.8 inches long (91%), and has a head of 44.3 cm (77%).  So still a bit smaller than his brother.  Other than refusing to eat solids, he's perfect.  It's funny how his personality already manifests itself, especially with eating.  If he wants something he WANTS it, and if he doesn't want it you cannot make him.  He's usually all smiles, but once again, if he wants to be held; you're going to hold him.




 Max has two teeth on the top and two teeth on the bottom (almost).  He loves to roll anywhere and everywhere.  He's my first kid whose not fazed at all with grass and will gladly roll in it and try to pick it.  He is all over the room when I put him down and is even starting to get on his knees a bit. He loves to kick his legs and if he's on his back he scoots himself anywhere. My favorite about Max:  whenever I kiss his cheek he always leans in for more.  He presses his head against mine to get all of my love, it melts me every time.  He is going to be the one always on the go, when I'm holding him and standing still for too long, he leans one way or the other or backward till we start moving.  Such a happy good kid.
 And yes, Max looks like Christopher and Spencer looks like Steven.
Max Spencer


I love Max's face on this one


Nothing cuter than naked babies waiting for the doctor to come in.



I can't believe we already made it to the half year mark with these two.  We love you boys more than words.  Thanks for being so patient with us and all the love from your older brothers.

2 comments:

  1. Spencer and Max are just so cute. You are so awesome to record all these special things. What a great family record. Have you ever printed your blog out? I've been wanting to. I loved your last post about rough days, too. We all have them! My favorite was your post on self worth. I have those exact same thoughts. I'm a people pleaser too. It can get me down and leave me stressed sometimes. But you are right. Heavenly Father wants me to do my best and know that He loves me for being me. I just need to be the best Brianna I can be. I don't need to worry I'm not perfect or my life isn't perfect. I go back and read that post sometimes when I need the reminder. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. six months? what the freak? i feel like they were born yesterday. good job!

    ReplyDelete