Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Random Snow Day

Yesterday night Jacob and I were too tired to clean up and Jacob promised he'd do it in the morning, if I just let us both go to bed.  So this morning while Jacob cleaned up, I had the chance to watch Ryan eat his cereal.  Apparently he liked the reds and oranges best and eat them first.  Oh and you always need to dump your cereal on the table when eating it, right?
 We had a pretty big snow storm today, which was really weird and nice at the same time.  I opened the windows to let the boys watch it falling down.  There is something magical about snow falling, whether it's in December or April.  We read books and played toys for a while.
 Then after the babies went down for their nap we watched a movie and had popcorn.  It just seemed right.
Ryan, Christopher, William
 After lunch the boys couldn't take it any longer and had to play in the snow.  Please note that William and Ryan have jackets that are too small on, Christopher has no jacket, and Steven has boots, a coat, and snow pants and nothing on underneath.  Apparently it's fun like that.
 I convinced them to come inside for some hot chocolate.  (They kept on coming in and leaving the door open.  And it was COLD!)  Where we played, I don't remember with what except that they had a fishing pole they were playing with.
 That's why Christopher's standing on the table, trying it get it untangled.  Though it's not unusual for our boys to stand on our table, unfortunately.
 These two were the cutest!  A lot of times I will start to get after Steven and Christopher for playing too rough with Max or Spencer, but then hear the babies giggling and have to stop myself.  It's really just too cute!
Steven and Max
(Oldest and Youngest)




 Normally I put William and Ryan into their rooms for quiet time, put on a movie for Steven and Christopher and I take a nap, but today I was feeling nice so I let Ryan and William stay awake and watch the movie too.  I put on the movie in my room and then went to the couch to sleep.  Right as I'm starting to doze off William comes and lays on me like we are about to play.  I push him off and tell him I need to sleep.  He stood next to me crying until I couldn't pretend not to hear him anymore and invite him to sleep with me, which he did! I was quite surprised, and he looked so cute when I moved.
 I woke up to find this...they were hungry so they each got a bag of cereal out to have while watching the movie.  Ryan dumped his fruit loops on my side of the bed, which Christopher thought looked like fun so he dumped his wheat puffs all over the floor.  Then while I was in the bathroom preparing myself to clean this up, Ryan got the baking powder out of the pantry and dumped on the floor and part of our quilt.
Needless to say the rest of the night was spent cleaning, and making little boys clean.  Oh but it was wonderful to have Steven stay up a bit later and do his homework while I cleaned.  He was so much more cheerful and willing to do his work, when it was just me and him!  It's funny how during the day I can have such perfect moments like reading to the boys while watching the snow fall and hearing the boys laugh and play together, and then moments of frustration like trying to convince Christopher why it was important that HE cleans up and not just me.  All in a day's work apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment