Thursday, April 22, 2010

St. George

Last week we went on a family vacation to St. George. We used Priceline to get an amazing deal on a Marriott. We had such a great time! It was fun to have a list of things to do, but have the flexibility to enjoy anything that looked interesting on the way.

These are a few of our favorite things:

We thought it would be fun since we were going down south to check out the couple of D.I.'s that we haven't been too yet. (It's our goal to go to every D.I., only 2 more in Utah!) Our first stop was in Delta, Utah...and boy was it worth the wait! We pulled up and saw this house that had a door on the side where the garage should have been. And this is the D.I.? I couldn't stop giggling, it was so funny to me. But we found some really great stuff that we were looking for. Definitely worth the extra hour drive. We also enjoyed the Cedar City D.I. and coming in third place is the St. George D.I. If you were wondering.

Steven LOVED swimming. When he gets excited he kicks he little legs, so he loved kicking his way around the swimming pool. They had an inside and outside swimming pool, which we mostly had to ourselves. I can't wait until summer, to get him back in the water. Seriously so cute! I wish I could put a video of it on here but it won't let me.

I loved eating out. We usually don't go to sit down restaurants, so I enjoyed every minute. Plus it was fun to have Steven up and eating with us. Our best idea was this celery, he had it for most of the time we ate.
We loved just walking around and seeing what St. George has to offer us. We found this sign and it fit Jacob perfectly!

We couldn't get a good shot of this, the sign said "Life is Good" I couldn't say it better myself!
This is the view from our hotel room. We really enjoyed touring the LDS tabernacle, Brigham Young's winter home, and of course the beautiful LDS St. George Temple visiting center.


On the way home we stopped at Kolob's canyon in Zion's National Park. It was beautiful especially with my beautiful family.

Notice that we are all matching with our plaid shorts.

Aren't my boys adorable?

2 comments:

  1. super cute pictures! I wish I could get James to wear plaid shorts. He won't. He's anti anything "trendy." silly. what if trendy is cute and matches what the rest of your family is wearing? haha.

    i LOVE going out to eat. one of my major highlights on our vacation.

    I'm always on the hunt for old fashioned luggage for photoshoots. if you see any at a DI...let me know! also sweet awesome furniture is a plus for photoshoots. but that's a little trickier since theres a fine line between old crappy/gross and old photogenic type furniture. You know?

    Anyway, loved your recent posts. You guys are a cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww family vacations are so much fun! Cute pictures! It's fun going as the parent, too, don't ya think?

    ReplyDelete