Thursday, May 20, 2010

Updates

I know it's sad how long it's been since I've last posted, but here are some updates.

Steven:
Is officially army crawling. I can't believe how my little boy is growing up! I love him to death; I'm really so proud of him. It doesn't matter to me when he really starts crawling, I'm just glad he is doing something when he seeing something he wants rather than just either crying for it or not caring for anything enough to go get it. (I know probably not the best formulated sentence, but you get the drift)

Only gained 1 oz over the past 3 months, but is making up for it now by eating non stop if I'd let him. I'm scared for when he becomes a teenager! His new favorite is yogurt, any flavor.

Loves playing with his cousins that are so close now.

Still sleeping in the craziest positions

Loves to swing, it's a good thing there is a park a couple of blocks from our house. I can't wait till he's a little bigger and can enjoy the whole park!

Is starting to giggle more often especially when Jacob or I start laughing at him.

Favorite activity is sitting on daddy's shoulders while he walks around.

Jacob and Cassanda


Jacob started graduate school, still just doing research to find a good thesis topic. But still enjoying what he reads. He's started a new blog to document his progress and update everyone on how to help out the cause of developing the developing world.

Getting used to living in Provo. I'm still trying to get around everywhere, and Jacob's trying to get used to living where he grew up. We do love being so close to so much family!

Jacob starting to train to defend his title as fastest walker at the Soda Springs July 4th 5K. We're about 3 weeks into a program called "couch to 5K". Jacob seems to really like it, I on the other hand dread it. But I do admit I like that I'm not out of breath running short distances now. (Yes, I was/am really out of shape)

Were just called to be the sunbeam teachers in our new ward. I am certain we'll love it, the kids are so adorable!

Have everything put away and organized finally. Now I can get back to doing projects while Steven is asleep. Our top favorite things with this new apartment are: washer/dryer IN our apartment, an actual freezer and fridge (right now it's filled with strawberries, strawberry jam, chicken, hamburger, frozen fruits and veggies, and of course ice-cream. In our old freezer we MIGHT have piled just one of those items in!), Extra storage so Steven doesn't have to share his room with lots of storage boxes, central air conditioning, and a great location near BYU and the Provo library!

We really do love it here. I have a feeling I'm going to learn so much from living here that will make me a better wife, mother, and friend. I can't wait to enjoy every moment here!

4 comments:

  1. Fun! I forgot that Emily said you guys had moved to Provo. Living next to family can be a blessing...and a curse! haha. jk. it's fun when kids get to be with their cousins so much. Grace loves her cousins.

    speed walking? I don't think I understand this concept. isn't that like the same as jogging? hmmm. Good luck with that, and way to go for getting in shape. It's hard after having kids. :o) good thing our hubs like us anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, your here! i am totally doing the couch to 5K, thats what i did last summer, it's GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your having fun! It is fun and exciting while at the same time sad that your baby starts doing new things isn't it? I can't believe that my little baby is 6 months now and starting to eat solid foods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to mention the extremely cool spiral staircase!!! :) We're glad you moved into the ward. :)

    ReplyDelete