Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Beginning of Love

Last night I had one of those dreams where you feel strong emotions; I usually don't like these because I'm either afraid or ashamed. But last night in my dream Jacob and I weren't married, but instead just starting to date. I felt so infatuated with him and I surely woke up in the best mood. Then I realised I'm a hopeless romantic. I love these kinds of scenes in movies and it's even better if it's happening to you. It's the feeling of really liking someone and hoping they like you that much as well. It's trying to spend as much time near them as you can without seeming too much like a stoker. And if you accidentally touch them, your whole body fills with joy.


I was remembering when Jacob and I were first getting to know each other at BYU-Idaho. I went to the library, hoping to see him. I usually worked on a computer on the first floor, but decided to go the third floor since that's where he'd be if he were at the library. I saw him in the distance talking to a friend. My heart skipped a beat. Do I talk to him first, or maybe I'll pretend that I don't see him and see if he says hi to me. Our eyes make contact and I'm instantly calm and comfortable. I stop and talked to him and his friend for a while, the whole time wondering if he's just coming or going. I said I better go and do my homework. I held my breath to find out what he'd do next. He's going up to the third floor too. Great, a couple of more minutes with him!

We make it to the top floor and open the door while my heart stops and my mind thought of a million questions. Are there any computers together? Will he sit next to me? Do I ask him to sit next to me? Would he want to sit next to me? Jacob spoke and once again my heart melts and yet is filled with electricity at the same time. "There's two over there." Yes! He wants to spend more time with me! The next 2 1/2 hours seemed like 30 minutes as we talk and both pretended to do homework. I felt so comfortable with him and loved how he treated me and was actually interested in what I think and feel. Then comes the best part of the night. Jacob looked at me and said, "Do you want to see me get nervous?" I instantly reply with a yes. "Will you have dinner with me sometime this weekend?" Of course I'd love to, and we made our plans then he had to leave to go to a bishop's interview. I was floating; I was on cloud nine. Honestly, how could I do my homework now? I couldn't. I flew home to tell anyone who would listen what just happened. Everything was perfect. He was perfect, I felt perfect, the whole wonderful night was perfect.

Sorry, I just love to relive this time in our lives. But really how adorable is he? It makes me love Jacob so much more, which is hard to imagine. Man, I'm just going to have a great rest of the day.
Thanks for listening; have a magical day!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't have picked a better person for you. Everytime I see you together I just can't help how perfect you are for each other!!!

    ReplyDelete