Thursday, July 26, 2012

Grown Up Boys

It's been some time since I've posted just about Steven and Christopher and really they are so cute; I don't want to forget it!

Steven: 
Is always hungry now a days.  He can have a whole meal, then 10 minutes later say he's hungry again.  Most of the time he wants treats but will occasionally settle for some fruit or toast.  When I ask him what he wants, he says, "I don't know, you tell me."  I'll give him some options, then he'll say, "What about some fortune cookies?"

Can recite multiple books from memory, the best being "Cat in the Hat".  He can do it word for word until he gets bored, then he starts changing the words.  I usually have to watch out because if I don't read the books perfectly he correct me.

Loves Christopher.  Steven was invited to a sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa Morrise and some older cousins to sleep in Grandpa's shop.  Christopher is too little, so he stayed home with mom and dad.  Steven kept asking, "Is Christopher going to come?"  "I want Christopher to come."

Wants a chocolate cake for his birthday next month.  I asked him what he wanted on his chocolate cake, thinking of how to decorate it, he said,"frosting."  I asked him what he wanted on the frosting, "chocolate".  This kid knows what he wants!

Continues to amaze Jacob and Me with his knowledge and skill to remember facts and songs.  Jacob wanted the boys to get to know hymns other than, "Happy are We."  So we started singing, "Count Your Many Blessings."  The next day, he sang the chorus with me.  Not to mention the many times he'll say, "Mom remember when I...."  and spouts off a story of what we did months and months ago.

Went through a phase, it's slowed down and I hope for good, where all he wanted to do was fight monsters, alligators, and robbers.  He would ask for guns, bats, swords, anything to help him fight. I don't like any of those around our house, so he settled for a plastic hanger for a while then moved on a flashlight-my favorite weapon of choice.

Christopher:
Loves a new "bike" we brought back from the storage unit, it's a lion that helps kids learn to walk then can be turned into bike form.  Today Steven was playing on it and Christopher said, "Bike Steven, Bike."  Over and over hoping Steven would get off it so he could play with it.  He also found a new love in our sweeper.  He'll go around the house saying, "I seeper, I seeper"

Knows how to get what he wants, like his brother.  At Grandma Morrise's house we were having cookies, he had 2 and I said it was enough.  He then goes over to his cousin, whose 5, and says, "hand, hand."  He takes her by the hand, leads her to the kitchen saying, "tootie, tootie."  Smart kid, ask anyone who can give you want you want, no matter the age.

When given fruit loops, he'll eat all the purple ones first.

Loves Steven.  He loves to play with him and loves to laugh with him.  The cutest thing was when Steven left with Grandma to go to the sleepover Christopher said clear as day, "Bye Steven."  That's the first time I've heard him say Steven's name so well.

Surprises us with songs he knows daily.  So far his favorite is "Twinkle Twinkle", it's his go to song.  He knows parts to, "Happy are We", "Silent Night", "Once there was a Snowman", "Wise Man/Foolish Man", "Popcorn Popping", "ABC's", "Sing Sing Sing", "Sunbeams", "3 little ducks", "5 silly monkeys"...and I'm sure I'm missing a whole lot more.  This kid has got the knack like his older brother.

Will be in nursery after one more Sunday.  Steven is beyond excited.

Has grown up so much, last night I asked Jacob when he turned into a little boy.  Jacob thought that very moment as well, but it's been like for weeks now.  He must know he's loosing the baby title and is quick to show us there is more reason to love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment