Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Steven 3 1/2

Facts about Steven that you might not know:

His first day of Primary (Sunbeams) he stood up in the middle of sharing time and said, "ROAR!"  Then sat back down like nothing happened.

Loves to play with any sort of electrical device:
iPods, iPhones, iPads, or even "i-kindles"
He loves his new primary class because he gets treats to take home, every single week.  But if he sees one of his teachers in the hall, he'll hide behind my legs.  Our neighbor said that during this past week he kept raising his hand and asking if it was his turn during sharing time, finally his teacher asked if they had made a stick with his name on it.  They had not, and he got a turn.  Our neighbor was impressed that he would speak up for himself.

Which reminds me of a time while I was pregnant with the twins that he went to Little Caesars with my sister Melanie.  While waiting for the pizza, he asked Mel if he could ask the man for some cookies.  Melanie thought that was very strange but let him anyway.  He asked and the man gave him some, did you know most Little Caesars have graham cracker cookies they give out?  Steven did and he wasn't afraid to ask for it!

Started to draw people, then stopped.
When one of the babies start to cry, he will run over and give them a binky...unless he caused the crying, then he just runs.

Loves puzzles, Lego's, trains, cars, and his new games, "Ants in the Can" and "Chutes and Ladders"  He will allow me to spin the dial for him on Chutes and Ladders and he will count that many spaces, but it is usually all over the board.  He will finally go to the last block when I'm about 2 moves away from winning.

He loves to watch any shows and with each new movie or show he tells us it's his favorite.  Although it usually is "The Lorax".  We recently watched "Wreck it Ralph."  His favorite part (spoiler aler!) was when he wrecked the girl's car, a very touching sad part of the movie.  He said it was funny.  I'm not sure what to think there.
Is a great big brother!
Is still obsessed with hair: mine, his brothers.  But not his dad's, "it's too pokey"  He's not to scared to grab some hair while it's up in a bun, not loose hair, but the hair the leads to actual ponytail.  It's not my favorite thing.

Has started to go through quiet time without a nap, and is doing pretty well. Though I still insist he take a nap on Sunday, I'm not ready to give up that one.  And can be seen just walking around hitting things, hopefully just the couch and not people.  I think it's normal behavior for a 3 yr old boy...right? 
Is addicted to treats, here he is licking out a tub of ice cream

For a couple of consecutive days, Steven would wake up (and most likely wake up Christopher) get some sort of treat for them then run downstairs and hide it under his bed.  A while ago they took ice cream down and ate it in their closet.  We're on a treat fast.

Yesterday as I came out of my room in the morning I saw him coming out of the pantry, look at me, then scurry back.  The bar stool was in there, that's never a good sign.  He went on to say how sorry he was that he opened a bag of chocolate chips.  He couldn't open it with his hands, so he tried a spoon. That didn't work.  He was sorry he used a butter knife to try and open it, but that didn't work either.  So lastly he was sorry he used the scissors on the counter to open it, he placed it back on the counter.  I've been trying to not get too upset over little things, so I just asked him to go down stairs and help Christopher go to the bathroom.  He goes to the top of the stairs and yells, "Chrisopher!  I can't get you anymore treats!"

This morning I woke up before him and after being upstairs for a couple of minutes said, "Mom, I don't like you to be up when I get up, then I can't have any treats."

We adore Steven.  He is such a great big brother, as good as a big brother can be.  He is so smart, funny, clever, and just plain cute.  He has a memory like no other and I'm afraid of what I'm doing that will be with him for the rest of his life.  For the most part he is still easy going and willing to do most of what I ask him...most.  But we wouldn't trade this guy for anything!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, this post was hilarious, too!! You have some funny boys. You had me laughing at the "ROAR!" but the whole treat thing is just priceless. I am still laughing about it. My kids loves treats, too, but then again, who doesn't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids "love"...I meant to say. :)

    ReplyDelete