Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Capturing the Moments

I've been wanting to write more of the moments during my day down in this blog for nurmerous reasons.  #1 It is called Morrise Moments, it can never have enough, right!?  #2 By the time I write in my journal at night, if I write at all, I'm too tired to really think and it usually just ends up being really condensed and more of how I feel in that moment rather than what happened with my boys.  #3 Although this is a hard time, it's also such a magical time with my small sons running around and growing right before my eyes.  I want to capture as much of it as I can, and cherish it for years to come.  #4 It will help me look for and see the great moments I have throughout the day instead of just the hard crazy times.  So without further ado:

I actually got to excercise this morning!  True it was downstairs with all four boys trying to participate, but it was great and started my day off right.  Also, Steven's getting pretty good at fake jump roping thanks to Turbo Jam!

William can now open a select number of doors in the house.  Yes, you may mourn with me.  This morning I finally pulled out the plastic childproof door knob things, and put it on our hall closet where we keep the toys.  As I was trying to clean up breakfast and feed Spencer and Max, there were at least 3 containers of toys dumped out.  Not cool.  Luckily Steven's a great helper and Christopher when he wants to be and we had it cleaned up in no time!  Telling them all the toys have to be cleaned up before we head outside doesn't hurt either.

While outside I was talking to my sister about our car troubles, which I'll talk about another time when it's not so fresh, I may have let the boys do things they shouldn't have.  And well, Christopher threw a horse shoe and hit Max on the face and baby boy got his first cut on his lip.  Poor kid, being the youngest of 6 boys, this won't be the last cut and bruise.

Quiet time was actually pretty special.  After I put William and Ryan to bed, I took a short nap before Steven and Christopher came upstairs from playing.  While I was feeding Spencer and Max, Christopher fell asleep which really left some great one on one time with just Steven.  He suprised me with how much he knew and drew the alphabet on the window with dry erase marker, then I'd quiz him while he took them off one by one.  I've been worried whether he'd be ready for Kindergarten in the fall, but I think he'll be just fine.  After we were done with the window, I went out and pushed him on the swings, "as high as he could possibly go."  He's a cute kid, I'm glad he's mine.
And don't forget these two, who were cute to snuggle with me and coo at me while Steven was writing.  It's funny how they look so much like brothers, but yet not really like twins.

 I set up the baby's bouncers close to the kitchen so I could start dinner and then went to get Spencer and Max and turn around to find this! They were even making the same train sounds...adorable!
 
 
Then I go back to get Spencer and find these two cute matchers and had to take a picture.  Yes I love to dress them all alike.  William and Ryan got dressed first and then I just couldn't help myself, I had to put Spencer and Max in the matching outfits too.  They've been in these outfits all day, but Christopher at about 4 p.m. said, "Wait!!  They have the same!  They are THE SAME!"  Another cute kid I'll keep.

 
 And then Steven just had to get in on the pictures as well!
 
And lastly I just want to paint a picture of a span of about 10 minutes.  I had muffins in the oven, hashbrowns going on one stovetop and scrambled eggs on the other when Spencer and Max started to really fuss, letting me know that it's time for bed.  I looked on the clock and there were 6 minutes left for the muffins and I thought I'd have enough time to hurry and put them to bed.  I took them both into my room to get them swaddled, both of them are screaming bloody murder by this time.  After I get both of them wrapped up, I remember the hashbrowns and eggs, so I run to kitchen to stir them both and bump into Ryan making him fall and start crying.  I hurry and take the muffins out becuase they only have a minute left, stir the hashbrowns and eggs (neither one too burned).  As I'm running back to get the babies, I see Christopher trying to get into my phone, Ryan crying, I can hear Spencer and Max screaming, William crying for some unknown reason and Steven no where to be seen.  As I get closer I realize William's crying because Steven's pushing him away from Max whose laying on our bed screaming.  Awesome.  I grab Spencer to rock him before putting him to bed, both William and Ryan follow me in crying, Ryan carrying a paper sword and an empty milk jug.  I only sing a short song because I've got to get back to stir the food again, and realizing it would have been easier to just turn down the heat from the get go.  This time when I grab Max and take him into their room I close the door, to hold and sing to my baby in peace and quite.  And Ryan screaming on the other side of the door.  That is until Steven opens the door to ask me if he could lick out the bowl from the muffins and lets William and Ryan in.  I put Max down and close the door and rush to make sure the food is still okay.  It is and everything in the house seemed to quiet down again. 
It's not always that choatic, but it happens a number of times a day.  I'm just glad when I can laugh about it, instead of cry.  Which I do, don't you worry.
 
Oh and Christopher wet his pants while napping on our good couch in the front room. Awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Love you! You are such a Great Mommy! What very precious moments to treasure for all eternity! Even wetting the couch! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the play by play of a certain stressful ten minutes was SO awesome. oh my lands can i relate. one of these days i am going to blog one of my crazy minutes of the day. its madness i tell ya. MADNESS. thanks for helping me feel like i am not alone... though, i admit, shamefully, you keep your cool so much better than i do! xxx

    ReplyDelete