Monday, March 16, 2015

Pretend Birthday

Jacob found some orange creamsicle frosting at walmart once and bought it for his birthday in May, since it was limited edition and there wasn't many left.  Well this morning I found this...


Knowing that a can of frosting won't taste good over a month away, also knowing that the frosting wouldn't make it that long with my treat sneaking kids in the house.  I decided to make Jacob's birthday cake today, and since there was actually good food planned for dinner (poppy seed chicken, spinach and strawberry salad, and carrots) we should invite friends (The Coltons) over and make it a real pretend birthday party!  I knew I had to put the candles in the cake before Jacob saw, or he wouldn't let me go this far with my crazy scheme.  He tried to protest when I started singing, but once the song starts it doesn't stop.

The boys were fascinated by the candles and thought Jacob was even cooler when he clapped the flames out.  We actually relit them 3 times so they could see it over and over again.


When the conversation turned to Jacob's ability to play the guitar and sing, I talked him into singing some of his original songs.  They loved it, of course, so did the boys and I.  It should really happen more often.

We gave him presents and then we finished the night off playing outside WAY past bedtime with Jacob's pretend birthday present, a light-up shooty helicopter thing.  It was a big hit and a lot fun.  So I guess we really have Christopher to thank for this one...

Steven drew he and Jacob, and Christopher drew Jacob.
I love these early drawings.


1 comment: