Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Parent's Update

In January I had a mini roommate reunion with some of my favorite gals.  We got together in Farmington at my sister's (Dorene) church and let the kids run wild while we chatted.  It was so great to catch up and it was even better to see our kids having fun together.  These girls really added so much to who I am as a person, and it did my soul good to be with them again.  There was 4 of us that got together, which was great, but soon we're going to need to get the other 4 or 5 of us.
Christopher and Kate

Erika giving the kids a great time

Malachi (Dorene's son) came with us and was a great playmate with Steven

Betsy reading to everyone

What three friends can make.  That's a lot of kids!
(Erika just got married so she doesn't have kids yet)

Erika, me, Betsy, and Stephanie
(we all pretty much look exactly the same)
A week before my birthday I went to a cabin in Bear Lake with my friends from high school.  We stayed up talking till 5:30, got a couple hours of sleep then continued talking.  Just like nothing at changed.  These girls are amazing and also added to who I am today.  
Brittany, Katie, me, Cali, Traci, Ashley, Jenn, and Kristi 

I had my golden birthday (turned 28 on the 28th).  Ever since I knew there was a thing called a golden birthday I started getting excited for mine, wondering what the day would be like.  As time came closer I started getting scared, what if it wasn't everything I had always wanted it to be?  Then I realized I wasn't celebrating one day out of my life, I was celebrating all the golden wonderful things that have made my life.  My family growing up, my friends, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Jacob, his family, the family we've made, and the countless people that have made a huge impact on my life.  Yes, my life is golden.  I'm so very blessed.

For my birthday Jacob and I went to Logan for a little get away. (thanks Dorene for watching the boys!).   I asked everyone on facebook to write a memory of me on my wall, and it was perfect.  Memories I had forgotten or ones that I cherish, it was wonderful.  
My birthday cake I made the day before so we'd have it when we got back.
William and Ryan went at it.  I was excited to leave at that moment.
 Anyway, Jacob and I went to the temple (first time back to the Logan Temple since we were sealed), ate out, went shopping, just plain acted like we did when we were dating or first married.


going to Macey's at midnight and finding eggnog creamies for $1
Amazing

On Saturday we were going to meet my parents for lunch so we decided to walk around some shops nearby while we waited.
getting ready to go out.  I know our hands are in a weird position, but just look past that.

my new shirt I bought while walking around

It took my parents longer than expected, so we kept walking and walked across half the town.
Ate at the Bluebird.  Where my mom used to eat with her parents and grandparents
and where we ate for our wedding lunch.

Then we went home and watched a movie while eating cake.  A good day indeed.
The banner the boys and the Peterson clan made for me
 For my birthday Grandma Morrise bought me this sweatshirt, that I LOVE.  It gives me motivation and helps me believe I can do anything! (with a lot of Heavenly help!)

One day in February was a super busy, fun day and it wasn't till the end of the day that I realized that I had multiple friends in my house and seen a ton of people outside that this is what the condition of my house was.


And how I was dressed.  This was huge for me to feel comfortable enough to let others in when everything isn't just right.  My life is choatic, and that's just fine.

When Jacob's not at work, he can be found playing with the boys

and being wonderdad.  He took the boys while I went to Bear Lake with my friends.  I expected him to watch movies the whole time and just survive.  But instead he went took them out to dinner, took them to the D.I. and out to lunch.  His comment was, if you want to get the attention of women...who are over 50, take 6 boys out alone.  I have no doubt he was stopped, he's a rock star dad.


and is incredibly tired and hopefully one day get caught up on sleep.
He LOVES to snuggle with his boys when they let him.

1 comment:

  1. Great update. Oh how beautiful you are! One day it will be so nice to look back on these pictures and know you survived! Love you lady.

    ReplyDelete