Monday, March 16, 2015

WillRyan 2 1/2 years

William and Ryan are 2 1/2!!  They are partners in crime and personal enemies all at once.  (this morning they both bit each other because the other wouldn't back down).  In January they were tested for their speech and we found that although they're on the lower end of normal, they are still normal and is far from being able to qualify for help.  They described it as some kids walk at 9 months and some at 18 months, it just is what's normal for the child.  They're making some progress and just knowing that this is just their normal for a while makes it better for us all.

Oranges on a stick?

Getting their own breakfast ready...

What I see when William's in trouble.
 William
-can be sweet when he wants to but also quite stubborn and defiant.
-has gone bathroom in the toilet a few times in the last couple of months. But since Christopher was such a hard kid to potty train I need to KNOW he's ready and that I think will come more when his speech does.
-also loves to scream my name and tell me what's mine or the baby's.
-when trying to get a can from the recycling bin to collect rocks in, he sliced his finger bad enough to get 8 stitches and a trip to the ER.  Luckily Jacob works close enough to come home and confirm my suspicions and then take him to the hospital.  He was very brave and a pretty tough guy. I'm pretty sure when we were at home he was crying more because he didn't like that I was holding a rag on his finger than being actually hurt.
-is really friendly when he wants to be and he likes you, but he's not afraid to show his emotions.
-hardly ever eats dinner.  I'm not sure what it is, but around dinner time he's always running somewhere bothering a brother or telling me what things are around the table.


William walking around the house like this...hilarious

Ryan loves his blanket

They LOVE bath time.

Getting into the whipped cream that was
supposed to be for the waffles for dinner

They really are best friends


After haircuts Jacob and I went to clean up the other kids and left the clippers out.  William decided that Ryan's hair wasn't quite short enough and slowly buzzed the front of his head.  We didn't notice at first when we discovered them, but when we found it we knew we couldn't leave it.
 Now everyone can tell them apart.  But I don't think we're going to make it permanent, I just don't like the buzzed look as well as the longer.

I'm so excited that we officially are done with formula,
because this really was a daily occurrence...

"check how much I can stuff in my mouth!"

William went and sat like this until I took a picture then he smiled and got right back up

Ryan taking some quiet time
 Ryan
-is one of my sweetest boys.  always wanting to hug and snuggle with me.
-has the night time played perfectly often waiting until Christopher's asleep then coming upstairs and of course we have to snuggle with him while we're watching a show.  William tried this the other day, but because he didn't snuggle as well we sent him to bed earlier.
-love nursery but is not great at sitting still during sacrament meeting.
-screams MAMA when he wants me attention.  He will continue to scream it until I have 1. made eye contact 2.said his name and that I'm listening 3. repeated what he wants to tell me.  This can be interesting sometimes as most of this words are still "Da, da" with some pointing.  I know I'll miss it someday but sometimes it gets under my skin. The other day on the way to pick up Steven from school he was screaming and would only stop when I turned around. But then I apparently didn't know what he wanted me to say so it continued the whole way there.
-will also scream my name to tell me what my things are.  He'll scream MAMA while pointing to my plate and as I'm listing what's on there trying to figure what he wants, I finally realize.  He's telling me it's my plate.  Once I say that he goes back to eating quite proudly.
-will only occasionally eat dinner at the table with the rest of us.  When he's hungry he's a good eater, but if he's not really hungry he'll play until it's time for bed then rush to his plate and cry like we didn't give him enough time to eat.
-still loves to save his lunch until it's time for a nap and then will carry his food down with him.

Sweet Ryan

William getting classy when sneaking into the formula
grabbing a spoon AND cup

William

Ryan's treat of choice at 7 a.m.

William

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness- just reading this makes me want a nap! You are my hero and truly doing the greatest and hardest work there ever was! Those boys are so blessed to have you. Xo

    ReplyDelete