Thursday, August 13, 2015

Soda Springs Festivities 2015

This year was my high school class 10 yr reunion on July 3rd and luckily the 3rd was a Friday and Jacob had it off since the 4th was on a Saturday so we were able to spend a bit more time in Soda Springs for the 4th of July Festivities.  Friday afternoon we met with a few of my classmates and their families for lunch at the park, which was really fun to catch up for a bit.

While I was still chatting Jacob walked across the park with the boys to get their energy out and let me have some more time to visit.  They stopped at the Dinky Engine where Jacob tried to get the boys to fit through the bars (which I did as a child). Ryan was the only one who could do it and EVERYONE screamed when Jacob "helped" him a bit.
Steven learning how to use his magnifying glass to burn himself, his brothers, and bugs.




We also were able to go to foam, where they bring the firetruck to the park and spray the foam they would at a fire at the kids, then hose them off with their huge hoses.  At first the boys were hesitant, but Steven and Christopher soon learned to love it while William and Ryan would only get their feet and hands messy.

Ryan and Christopher

William


Steven


William
That night I was able to go to dinner with two of my best friends from high school and catch up without any kids or distractions.  It was fabulous!

Normally I love to go to the 5K on the morning of the 4th, but my family slept in and we missed it.  But I suppose we needed that sleep, so we slowly got ready and headed to the parade
My cute family!
The whole family (extended as well) waiting for the parade to start


Christopher and Eli

"Take another picture of us mom!"

Great Aunt Fern, my Grandma, and my mother with Ryan.
Amazing women!



Ryan and William taking a break to watch the horses

Christopher got handed this movie from the missionaries
and he was so excited about his Jesus movie!

These two LOVED getting all the candy

Spencer Wayne with my Uncle Wayne

Spencer and Max with my uncles that Spencer was named after

We're not sure if Garth and Wayne are identical or fraternal, but I think it's safe to say there's two sets of one type and another of the other.  I really hope my boys will grow up to be like my dad and his brothers.


Playing at the park afterwards
After the parade we always have a bbq with as much as we can get at my parents house. It's again a favorite of mine.  Ryan (and really all my boys) LOVED sneaking the cheetos, and then he'd take this seat over and put his stash in the cup holder.


I love so much about this picture.
Jacob's cute and Max looking at him is adorable!
My Uncle Garth and Wayne are known for their story telling skills, mostly that it makes them each crack up laughing most of the time.  They could make any story funny.  I don't exactly remember the story here, but I know we were all belly laughing throughout.


I love that you can see my dad on the side laughing as well.
It's always hard to leave a party, so as Jacob and I strapped the kids in the car then went back to say goodbye and make sure we didn't leave anything, Steven gave Max a full sized candy bar that was mostly melted.  Why?  He said he wanted it.

Our stash from the parade!

No comments:

Post a Comment