Wednesday, January 27, 2010

President Hinckley

2 years ago today, President Hinckley passed away. It came as a shock because he was suppose to come to Rexburg that next week for the Rexburg Temple Dedication. I was babysitting for some friends when I heard the news. Once I heard the news all I wanted to do was talk to Jacob. This is weird because we went on our first date the night before and I avoided him at all cost that day at church. I thought he was a nice guy, but not for me. Yet after hearing the news, I was hoping that Jacob had called or texted me. Well he didn't, after all I did a good job of sending the picture I wasn't interested anymore!

Not too long after, I decided since I really wanted to talk to him, I might as well text him and see if anything comes of it. Not more than 2 minutes later he called me. We had a short talk, but that's all I needed and life suddenly looked better again. Jacob always jokes that President Gordon B. Hinckley brought us together. And I have to agree, who knows how long it would have taken me to see that Jacob was my Prince Charming? By that time maybe it would have been too late. This might sound all jumbled but the point of my story is this: I love Jacob and I'm so glad that I realized that he was and is my best friend. When ever something sad, happy, exciting, or any other emotion happens to me, he's the first I want to tell. And I'm so glad he forgot how I snubbed him at choir practice and called me.

Even though January 27, 2008, is the end of a beloved prophet's life, it was the beginning of my beautiful wonderful life with Jacob. One that I'll never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment