Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

I would like to take a moment and say something about my wonderful husband and the great father he is. Steven really does just adore Jacob. When Jacob opens the door to go to school, Steven will crawl and try and go with him. I pick him up and he reaches for Jacob, then cries when Jacob actually goes. I love it! One of the qualifications for a husband that I had since I was little was of course that he had to be great with kids. Once I saw Jacob with his niece and nephews and then later with my nieces and nephews, I knew Jacob had passed the test! And of course I wanted to marry someone just like my dad, and boy am I lucky to have done just that! Jacob is such a hard worker and would do anything for his family. He takes time from his schedule to play with Steven and help me out. Jacob is also quite the handy man, which I cannot say enough that I love! The other day he fixed our garbage situation in the kitchen, by attaching a garbage can to the cabinet door, so we can have a larger garbage can! Just one of the many things why this man is amazing!

Jacob is everything a dad should be to Steven. He can get Steven to laugh way more than I can, with swinging him around and putting him upside down, just like a dad should. Jacob is also so gentle with Steven and will often want to hold and comfort him when he's fell down and is hurt. And like a good dad, he often takes Steven during church so I can pay attention. It's especially cute during primary to see Jacob having Steven do the actions to the songs.

I know these two are always going to be great friends! I love you Jacob, thank you for being such a great daddy to our son!

No comments:

Post a Comment