Tuesday, October 12, 2010

4 Pillow Wife


I just went to the doctor's office today and everything looks good. I'm now 24 weeks along and I'm loving this part of pregnancy. I feel good, I don't have the aches and pains yet, and I still feel good about my growing belly. There are only two problems,

1. I have a wonderful appetite, which means I want to eat....a lot. Most of the time it's baked goods: cinnamon rolls, cookies, cobbler, donuts. You get the picture. I'm having a hard time remembering I don't really NEED those things. Luckily my wonderful in-laws have the BEST apple tree that has supplied us with some great snacks.

2. I am now a 4 pillow sleeper. Yes this is 3 times the pillows my husband has. There are two for my head, one in between my legs and one for my back in case I roll over at night and sleep on my back.

On the bright side I found the camera....on Jacob's desk on campus. So now I can show off my adorable pumpkins I made from here. I'm so happy how this turned out. I love having fall decorations more than just Halloween ones so I can keep them up until Thanksgiving! Anyway I wanted to add a little more to our decorations that we are slowly adding, but there isn't a lot of room to hold many so I came up with this.

I got the fabric from D.I. for $1 each, they are fabric napkins, so I didn't have to cut anything! Then I got this cute red vase/candle stick as an accent for $1 and the shelf was also $1 from D.I. that we painted black. So for $5 I got some cute classy decorations, I love it!

* Note: I made the pumpkins different sizes by using differently used toilet paper rolls. I used one new one, one that had 3/4 of the paper left and one that was almost gone. With the smallest one I actually cut 1/4 of the roll off height wise so it was actually smaller. Though I did need to wrap this one twice in newspaper so it looked more full (There just wasn't enough toilet paper to make it round enough for me.)

5 comments:

  1. love that belly! and the decorations are super cute, i've been seeing a bunch of tutorials lately and have been wanting to try it myself. and way to go for keeping it cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute - you and the pumpkins ;) What did you use for the inside of the pumpkins to make them different sizes? I guess I should just call you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! You and the D.I.!! Those pumpkins are very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute Cassanda, and I love the craft!!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cassanda!! You are so dang cute! YAY for having another baby!! Your little Steven is so cute, I love his red hair! I definitely think I want to try that halloween project of yours. Its so cute and so simple! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete