Thursday, October 28, 2010

What I've relearned

We have a Father in Heaven who loves us and will answer our prayers and take care of us. I was reminded of this wonderful fact this week. Tuesday afternoon I hurried to pick up Jacob's prescription at the health center; when I came back out, the car wouldn't start. I prayed, tried it again..still nothing. I don't know what it is about me that our cars don't like, but things always seem to break when it's just me driving. Luckily every time something happens a kind stranger and amazing family members offer a helping hand, and this time there was no exception.

A man came and took a look at it, he thought it was the starter; just then another girl parked next to me offered to jump me. It's always worth a try, unfortunately it didn't work this time. I called Jacob, and he said his mom would come and pick us up and he'd take a look at the car. So Steven and I began to wait for Susan to come when I randomly tried one more time to start the car. It started, so I picked up Jacob since he thought he knew what was wrong and we came home to fix it. We couldn't. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal to be out of a car for a while, but I had a crock pot full of chili for a ward party that night. Luckily we were able to borrow Jacob brother's (Alex, who has this great blog where he posts songs he's written. Check it out, seriously.) car who lives just a couple of blocks away. We were able to go to the party and on our way back we decided to see if we could get the car started once again while we had another car to drop it off at a car place. Well before getting out of the car I prayed that we would be able to start the car so we wouldn't have to inconvenience any more people. I got it started on the first try! We dropped it off at the repair shop and then we returned Alex's car. After a day and a half in the shop, Jacob's parents picked it up for us and everything is taken car of, which is such a blessing.

I know it sounds silly, but I know that Heavenly Father knows us and how much we dislike inconveniencing people. So He allowed us to start our car so while we already have a car, we can handle getting our car fixed by ourselves. I also know that He is aware of our concerns at the moment and will put people in situations to help us bear our burdens. I'm just so thankful to those who listen, respond, and help. I just hope I can help others like we've been helped.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you! It is amazing the ways the Lord reminds us that he loves and cares for us. I can't wait to see you guys tonight!

    ReplyDelete