Tuesday, May 31, 2011

And the Baby is....


Christopher!


Most of you were right, good job! I have people telling me all the time how much he looks like Steven, and secretly I think, "No he doesn't, he looks like Christopher!" But apparently they do look a lot a like, they're brothers for sure!

Speaking of Christopher, he had his 4 month check-up today and he is a healthy well developed little boy! He is 15 lbs 13 oz (75%) and 25.5 inches long (75%) and his head size is in the 75%. Which reaffirms my assumption that he is a perfect little boy!

...Except for his sleep habits. Lately he's had trouble falling asleep, and I mean he's developed this high-pitch cry that he likes to show us when he feels he has been unjustly placed in his crib. I was hoping the doctor would say, "Yep, looks like teething. It won't last long." Or, "Ooo, it looks like an infection. Have him take this medicine and in no time he'll be back to normal." Instead I heard that he might know what's going on when I start to rock him, and he doesn't want to be placed in his crib alone to go to sleep...not an easy fix.

So now we'll try again to have him cry it out. I've kind of stopped this because I felt bad for my neighbors, but apparently it's gotten out of hand; I need to put in ear plugs more often, stop being so considerate of others, and start telling myself I'm not a bad mother for letting my child cry, so he turns into a well adjusted and happy sleeper!

He sure is adorable though!

3 comments:

  1. I have THE hardest time letting my kids cry it out, but it was the only way that we could get Lincoln to go to sleep on his own. Nothing else worked. It was hard for a few solid days. But for almost a year now, he has successfully fallen asleep on his own for naps and at bedtime almost every single night. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see the post that you did right before this, and I thought that you were announcing that you were having another little baby!! I was very happy for you, but then after reading the next line realized I missed something and saw the previous post! You little boys do look a lot alike and are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He really is adorable! You are a great mother and your boys are so blessed to have you as their mother! Good luck with it all! Some day soon the crying will change into talking! Gideon and Jeremiah share a room and even though I put them in bed at 8 p.m. they talk to each other for quite sometime! I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not! It is good to hear them talking and laughing instead of screaming though! Someday soon Cassanda!

    ReplyDelete