Saturday, March 31, 2012

Things not to be Forgotten

We visited my parents a couple of weeks ago; Steven and my mom played and sang primary songs, it was very precious to me. It makes me more determined to reteach myself how to play.Christopher seems to be growing and learning new things right before my eyes.

He just learned how to go down the stairs himself. I tried to teach him to slide down on his belly for a month, but then realized he hates his stomach. So I switched to teaching him to slide down on his behind. Totally works. He goes to the edge of the stair, squats down then somehow slides his feet from underneath and sits down. It's quite amusing to watch, and I tried it today, this kid must have thighs of steel!

He can now say, as far as we know he keeps surprising us: mama, dada, nana (banana), appoe (apple), up, dow (down), boops (books), abah (a ball), ah dah (all done), uh oh, anen (amen), bubohs (bubbles), agah (again).

Yes I know his hair is ridiculously long in this picture, he received a haircut shortly after

I am 17 weeks along and am finally out of the morning sickness, better late than never!

Steven likes to insert his own words into existing songs, which I think is cute unless he's changing the words to "I am a Child of God" or other primary songs. The other day he asked me to sing him the pickle pie song. I told him I didn't know that song so he sang it for me, "a pickle pie, a pickle pie, high-ho the dairy-oh, a pickle pie-oh." Pretty good for off the top of his head.

I love conference, and I felt I especially needed it this time around. I can't wait to read and review them all, there were some powerful messages given. With two boys running around though, it's a surprise I got out of it what I did! What did I get out of it today? I can do it, with the Lord's help, I can be a good mom and wife. If I do my part to bring the Spirit into my home (read the scriptures, personal and family, pray as often as needed, seek after good things - 13 article of faith) it might be hard, but I won't totally mess things up. This is a comfort to my soul and a little nudge to do all these better so I can have that promise. I can't wait to see what tomorrow's sessions will bring.

Life is good. Not easy and restful,
but oh so good.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun family you have Cassanda!!! Keep up the good work! You are doing GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't feel better with Christian until around 18 weeks, so I know how you feel! I thought I would be sick forever, but in a way I was used to it. Glad you're feeling better. I can't wait to find out what you're having! I agree with Desiree, it seems like you are doing so great as a mommy!

    ReplyDelete