Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Father of My Children


I know I'm a little late, but I just wanted to say a word or two about the father of my children.  He's amazing.  The boys adore Jacob.  Whenever he walks into the room, Christopher immediately says, "Hi Daddy."  with a huge grin.  He loves Jacob.  Steven is in a phase now where he won't necessarily tell Jacob how much he loves him, but I can see it every time Jacob plays with him.  He loves to wrestle with Jacob and have Jacob chase him and do all sorts of things that make mothers everywhere cringe.  But I let it happen because Steven loves it.  Saturday Jacob took Steven with him to run some errands while Christopher and I took a nap.  Steven loved it!  He loves spending time with his dad.

Jacob is truly more than I could have asked for in a husband and father.  He has rearranged and cleaned our whole house, so I can rest and let the babies stay in there as long as they can. Last night he let me go to sleep early while he stayed up and cleaned the apartment, and then started on the work he needed to do for his job.  I know I can say on behalf of our family how much we all love and adore this man.  So thank you Jacob, for being you and trying your hardest to be the best for your growing family.  We appreciate it, even if the presents didn't reflect it.

*This year Jacob said not to get him anything, but I couldn't do that.  So trying to respect his wishes I let the boys pick out some presents for a dollar.  Christopher picked out a toy tiger and Steven picked out a squishy spider that freaked Jacob out.  Not quite the presents he wanted, but I thought it was cute for them pick it out themselves. I did make matching ties for the boys, so that's worth something, right?

 Steven's new picture tactic


No comments:

Post a Comment