Monday, June 4, 2012

Little Known Facts

Christopher loves to swing: the higher-the better.  He loved swinging with Jacob and kept trying to lean back to keep things interesting.  I think I found my roller coaster partner!  
Steven can now put his flip flops on by himself, though they most likely are put on the wrong feet.

Jacob cleaned, organized, and child proofed out apartment.  We took a LOT of things we don't use to a storage unit and put everything else higher.  Yesterday Jacob cleaned it all up and it will look good without much help from me probably until Thursday.  He's amazing.

Steven went to visit my parents and sister in Soda Springs for 5 days all by himself.  I took him to Salt Lake where he caught a ride with my uncle the rest of the way.  He had a blast riding on the lawn mower (a tractor to him), seeing the geyser, playing at the park, and watching his cousins piano recital and dance performances.  He loved it!  My favorite quote from when he was there?  "Aunt Melanie, do you have a duck pond here?"  Melanie: "No"  "Do you have a Macey's?"  "No"  "Do you have a D.I.?"  "No"  "Why not?"  I'm glad we're raising him right.

Not only was it a good deal for Steven to have the one on one time, but Christopher also benefited.  While Steven was gone he started talking a lot more.  Not that Steven necessarily talks for Christopher, but Steven talks so much that Christopher figured he didn't need to talk also.  His vocabulary seems to be growing each day I can't tell you how many words he knows.  We love when he says, "Hi Daddy!" and  "Love you!"  Christopher's favorite phrase?  "No, no, no"  Sometimes it's cute when he says it, because he's teasing us.  Most other times, he's showing his new independence through the word.  

Christopher also started walking all the time now.  Which means his leg will not be like this when we play outside.


Christopher is now is a toddler bed, due to the fact that I won't be able to lift him up in 2 weeks.  He also shares a room with Steven.  This has been a struggle we are still trying to figure out and would appreciate any ideas.  But they are starting to be good friends, which I adore!  The other day we opened the door and found this.  Priceless.  Usually when we check on them at night, Steven's on his bed and Christopher's sleeping in the closet.  Poor kid sleeps mostly on the floor, I guess he's being prepared for a mission to Japan.

1 comment:

  1. Love, Love, Love that last picture!!! The transition to a toddler bed is the hardest!!! The only thing I can say is that one day he will figure it out! I encouraged Gideon to take books to bed with him when he started sleeping in a toddler bed! He learned to stay in bed and sleep there, but now he has to have a book or a stack of books to go to bed! I guess all in all that is not a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete