Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Next Stage

Well we have entered the next stage in the pregnancy, I'll be 30 weeks on Friday.  I'm home bound until the twins are born.  We have started the second week, and it's really not that bad.  It helps that I can go to some places as long as I keep it low key, that helps me not feel so trapped.  With some clarification from my doctor I discovered that I can still cook simple dinners and straighten up the house a bit; both of which Jacob and I thought were big no no's.  The hardest part is probably feeling well enough to do things, but trying to restrict myself knowing it could lead to the twins coming too early.  I am learning quickly though to take the opportunity to be lazy and let people do things for me, something mother's rarely get to do.

It's been great having my sister here the past week and my mom just joined us this week until the end of the week.  It's been nice to have someone to take the boys outside and play or to the library, so they don't also have to be caged in.  The boys are of course loving all the visitors and extra attention, though sometimes can't understand why mom can't do things we'd usually do before like go for walks or let them play outside when I'm by myself.  But I keep reminding myself that it will only be for a short time and Steven and Christopher are still young enough that they probably won't even remember this time in their lives.  I like to think of the positives as much as I can.

Speaking of positives I had another ultrasound and everything looks great.  The twins are growing so well!  One is 3 lbs 1 oz and the other is 3 lbs 4 oz, or at least that's what they were last week, which puts them in the 65% and 70% for babies 28 weeks along.  Not too bad for twins.  They also said it looks more and more like they will be identical, though they will take the placenta to the lab after their born to be certain.  One baby is head down and the other is breached, which means we're heading in the right direction for a vaginal delivery.  Also a relief to know that we are well out of the danger zone for twin to twin transfusion syndrome.  (Where one twin gets all the nutrients and the other get's hardly anything, and both twins suffer.)  But I don't need to worry about that anymore.  So glad to hear!

So to sum up.  The twins are growing beautifully!  I am feeling as good as can be expected.  I have aches and pains, oddly enough similar to the recovery of having a vaginal delivery, but really nothing too hard and serious...yet.  Because of my growth in my lower belly, I can only wear a handful of lounging pants, skirts, and one pair of short.  Good thing I rarely leave the house, so it doesn't really matter how I look.  It's becoming more real that they are coming, and coming soon.  All I really need to do is get through July and then the babies are welcome to come most anytime in August.  And then the fun really begins!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Please let us know if there is anything you guys need! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite line in this post, "and then the fun really begins!" Ha ha ha! Great attitude! You are awesome! I wish I could come over and hang out with you and your boys this month. Just know that I think about you pretty much every day. Hopefully I get a chance to call and catch up with you soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so positive, Cassanda!! I am so glad that you have family helping you and a great husband that is making things easier for you! Delivering twins vaginally will definitely put you in super woman category! (And if not, 4 boys 3 and under puts you there already)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear that your baby boys are growing well and are healthy!!! Always remember during the next few months that you are doing your best and that is what matters! You are one very blessed mother and daughter of God!!! Sure love you!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete