Friday, November 16, 2012

Halloween

This Halloween was not as elaborate as ones in the past.  We went to a pumpkin patch with my family like years past, but I have a bit more on my plate and therefore wasn't able to spend a lot of time and energy on the boy's costumes.  Steven told me for months that he wanted to be a ghost and of course Christopher wanted to as well.  We thought of doing a Charlie Brown ghost costume, but realized that wasn't the smartest for small children, so I came up with these costume.  No they are not cat burglars, they are ghosts.

We had a trunk or treat the Thursday before Halloween where Christopher got his first taste of the joy of Halloween.  Then Halloween night after dinner at Grandma Morrise's we went out for a second time with these cousins.

William wore the giraffe costume that Steven did at their age and we bought this Zebra costume on e-bay for Ryan to match him.

Grandpa Morrise dressed up too.






* side note:  The night of trunk-or-treat I let the boys eat one piece of candy before bed, Christopher chose a long tootsie roll.  (You should know he's notorious for taking a long time to each things, taking them in and out of his mouth.)  I finally got sick of seeing this and set a timer that his candy would need to be gone before it went off.  This did the trick.  I need to remember this in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I think they are GREAT costumes!!! Sounds like you had fun even if it was more low key this year!!!

    ReplyDelete