Friday, November 16, 2012

Soda Adventures

This past weekend we went to Soda Springs for a reception of a good friend of mine.  It was so great to see her and of course I left the camera home, so I didn't get a picture of her.  But know she was gorgeous.  

The trip started in the crazy snow storm.  We picked Jacob up from work and left from there, luckily the more we headed north, the better the weather.  A couple miles into the Idaho border we hit our first deer; I was driving.  There were 2 or 3 deer in our lane and one in the other, so there was no going around them.  Also, going 80 mph there was no stopping in time, so I tried to go in between two and hit the tail end of one on the passenger side.  It all happened so fast and I'm glad I had good instinct so there was really minimal damage to the body of the car.  Jacob said it felt like we ran over a cardboard box, I believe my first words were, "did I just hit a deer?"  We stopped probably a mile away, after the shock wore off, we don't know if the deer made it.  But our car ran smoothly the rest of the way and all the way home.  We were really lucky it wasn't as bad as it could have been;  I'm pretty sure the kids didn't even know we hit a deer.

Anyway we had a great time with family despite the rocky start. Steven took this picture to show what it looked like at Grandma and Grandpa's.  He begged my dad to build a snowman that night with a flashlight.
 but settled for jammies and a piano concert instead.

 The next morning we went out to play in the snow, but it was too powdery.  No snowmen were able to be built, but fun was still had.



I hadn't gotten all the snow gear out, so instead of boots they have plastic sacks over their shoes.


Great-Grandma with Ryan

Great-Grandma with William

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe how lucky you guys are with hitting the deer and having minimal damage!!! Way to think quickly Cassanda!!! Love the picture of your boys drinking their hot chocolate!!!

    ReplyDelete