Saturday, November 10, 2012

Moments

I've been thinking a lot about the moments that make up our day.  After Christopher was born I lived for nap times, I felt like a horrible mother, but it was true.  But now I live moment to moment.  There are really hard times, but they are usually followed by sweet times.  I'm trying to be in the moment, not concerned with what needs to be accomplished or planned.  Trying to savor my children as they are right then.  

So here are some moments I'd like to remember in years to come.

Christopher apparently will lay by the door, stick his chubby fingers underneath and say something like, "daddy? no.  mommy? no.  bama? (grandma) no."  It's adorable, but kind of creepy when you see this from a dark hallway when you're child should be asleep.

William smiling up at me as I'm singing him before naptime.

Hearing Steven and Christopher screaming at each other, then hearing, "sorry Christopher"

Ryan smiling at Steven and Christopher playing near by.

Christopher in the car saying, "Eating yucky shoe."  At least he knows what he's doing is gross, a step in the right direction.  And yes, he was eating said shoe.

Watching Steven and Luke (his cousin) trick or treating.  After every house, they'd compare their treats, then walk and talk oblivious that the rest of us.

William and Ryan smiling and cooing at the same time.


Steven hugging me and saying, "I love you, mom"

Sitting by a duck pond with Christopher on my lap talking about ducks, with the wind blowing the leaves from the trees above us into the pond.   I felt like I was in a magical fall snow-globe.

Steven guiding Christopher down stairs when they wake up so Jacob and I can sleep longer in the morning.

Steven taking abstract pictures.


A picnic in the car up Nebo Loop.  All the boys were crying.  Jacob and I laugh at what a perfect moment it was to be surrounded by such beauty outside of the car and surrounded by beautiful chaos in the car.

Steven , Christopher, and I playing on the slides at the park...


...while these two sleep.

And these boys seem to be changing every time I look at them.
+




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I was thinking about you the other day when I was having a hard moment!!! I thought, "If Cassanda can be a wonderful, loving, amazing mom to four beautiful boys, than surely I can learn from her and do my best and get through this moment with all of us alive!!!" Cassanda, you are really a Great Strength to me, and I appreciate your friendship!!! Keep enjoying those special moments with your precious little boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the update! Glad things are going good for you. What a happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cuties! We cant wait until we get to meet those two cute nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also trying to be better at living in the moment. It is so hard for me. There is always something that needs to be done! What adorable boys you have!! I bet you all are just loving those little (or should I say big!) twins to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love you, love your life.

    i, too, used to live for naps. i still kinda do, but in a different way. motherhood sure does morph with time, but i am glad you are learning to enjoy the now :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete