Sunday, March 30, 2014

Eye of the Storm

This is something that has been on my mind for a while and I wanted to get it down before the babies get here, hopefully it will help me through the rough times that are ahead.  Let's face there will be many, along with a lot of joyful times.

I wish I could remember where I read or watched an interview with a woman who talked about how to find Peace in our crazy lives.  She talks about how as mothers we are or need to be the eye of the storm, the peace a midst the chaos that surrounds our family.  And how that peace needs to come from within.  I loved these thoughts and started thinking more about peace. I thought of the scripture John 14:27 where Jesus says:  "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

I love a few of different parts of this verse.
1.  We can have the peace of our Savior.  Through the atonement, we can have His peace and comfort when times get rough.
2.  The peace that comes won't be what the world has to offer or what the world expects.  I think of the worldly view of peace and I think of a clean serene house where all of my children are playing happily together, there are no troubles in our lives whatsoever.  But really what our Savior's peace will do is give us the comfort and serenity while the house is a mess, the dishes are piling up, dinners are cold, kids are running around screaming and fighting, and there is uncertainty of your husband's job.  His peace will help us find the eye in the storm.
3.  He asks us to not be afraid or be stressed out when life's storms are surrounding us.  But to believe in Him.  Believe in His power in our lives.  Believe that there is purpose in our lives and all of these hard scary times will just make us stronger and help us be who we need to eventually be.  Have faith in our Father's plan and know that He will always be with you to accomplish the hard tasks.  Know you are not alone, He will be here with you.

Let's face it there's a storm raging, if not in our homes than all around our home. Times are hard.  I keep thinking, once such and such happens life will be easier.  It never is, there's always something.  How comforting to know that everything doesn't have be calm on the surface for me to feel the peace on the inside.  I also love the idea of making our home a place of peace from the storms our kids will face at school and wherever they go.  I want them to feel our Savior's peace always in our home no matter what, but the first step?  Find it myself.  Instead of trying to find the strength and peace within myself, thinking I can do it all myself.  Look upward and receive a much greater strength and power that will not only help me find the peace among the chaos but also for my family.  Have the eye of the storm in my heart and then I can radiate that peace and help my children find it themselves.      




No comments:

Post a Comment