Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Parents

Jacob and I are really so lucky to have such great example of wonderful parents to follow after.  Both sets of parents have shown nothing but unconditional love and support for us and have served us (directly and indirectly) SO much during these last couple of months.  We are beyond grateful!
Like I mentioned before my mom and sister have come every weekend since January, to help take care of our little family.  My dad has come some weekends but is often left home to take care of business in Idaho, which is not easy either.  With their help we've made quilts for these new boys, cleaned and organized all of the boys' bedrooms, clothes, and toy room, deep cleaned my fridge, stove, and couches, not to mention the little things like putting little ones to bed, making dinner, cleaning up, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms and floors, laundry, taking kids to the park and on walks...the list really could go on and on. Not to mention the multiple times both Jacob and I were sick and they needed to take care of us as well. Once when returning to their own lives, which are busy, they too got our sickness and had to stay home from work or my dad, whom never takes a sick day, just took extra long lunches to try and sleep it off.  And then to top it off they will take our boys for a little over a week after the new twins come, so Jacob and I can bond with these new babies and I can rest and heal in peace before I try and tackle this new challenge.  We will forever be grateful for their service to us!




And then there are Jacob's parents who are currently serving as mission president in Korea, who have given us their busy time to talk and encourage us.  Especially when Jacob's job has been really stressful, it seems his parents are the only ones who can help him through, and for that I'm eternally grateful.  When they were being called, President Eyring told them: (and I'm paraphrasing) I know it will be hard for you to miss big events in your children's lives, but know that the Lord can take care of them much better than you can."  By serving their mission they are helping us have the Lord's strength.  While writing this it's made me think no wonder I've been able to make it through the weeks taking care of the boys when Jacob has worked an average of 12 hour days 6 days a week for the past month or two.  We've talked about how much of a blessing it has been that I've been able to still do so much; I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't extra blessings from Marshall and Susan.

As we raise our family the task of being a parent can be overbearing, luckily we have amazing examples of parents to look to!

1 comment: