Monday, March 24, 2014

So long 26!

I love how when you become a mom, or really an adult, birthday's are really just another day...with some cake and ice cream at night.  But this birthday was really fun.  It started out with a visit from my brother Matt and of course calls, texts, and facebook messages from friends and family were sprinkled throughout the day.  Then Mom and Mel came and brought me lunch before I went in for a non-stress test.

I love the relationship my boys have grown with my mom!
After I returned from my non-stress test, everything was great with both babies, Mel gave me a foot message, it was really nice.
Once Jacob got home we went out to dinner just to the two of us.  It was so nice to be alone and Jacob gave me the sweetest present and took off his glasses during dinner so all he could see was me. I had all his attention.  (He gets distracted very easily when we are out for dinner, so this was such a nice gesture!) Then we went to Walmart to pick up some last minute items for the babies and our hospital bag.  Unfortunately I'm not really allowed to walk, and really can't walk long distances anymore, so Jacob insisted I ride in this cart.  I felt a bit foolish but I'm glad I listened because there was NO way I would have been able to walk all around the store like we did alone.  He even put his jacket down to cover the wet seat, what a cute husband!

In case you've never seen these carts, they are made for two children,
but luckily they are just a straight bench so a very pregnant woman
can also sit on it and be fine.
Then home for a delicious cake and really by then this pregnant girl was worn out! But it was such a great day, thanks to everyone who made it special!  Here comes 27 and all the excitement it will entail.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got a special birthday. I love the cart picture. Counting down to 2 more boys!!!!

    ReplyDelete