Thursday, February 27, 2014

33 Weeks

 I'm 33 1/2 weeks along now and wanted to report on is going on with our new little boys.
I love how Steven tried to get into the bathroom but my big belly was in the way.
At 32 weeks I had another ultrasound and the boys are doing perfectly!  Baby A is VERY much down into position, the doctor said she's not sure how I'm still walking.  Slowly is the answer, if you wondered.  Baby B is up close to my ribs and although I heard different things at the actual ultrasound, in the report they gave my doctor they are both head down!  That is what we need if I'm going to have another vaginal delivery; which is what we REALLY want.  Baby A is 4 lbs 11 oz, and Baby B is 5 lbs 6 oz.  Both are very much proportionate and a bit ahead of schedule.  (William and Ryan were both about 5 lbs at this time, so they are growing at the same speed more or less).

Right now I'm going in every week for non-stress tests until they are born, which I have love/hate relationship with.  It's a pain to have to drive all the way to the hospital in Provo, but I love to get a glimpse of the boys and make sure everything is going smoothly with them.  After talking with my doctor he told me the hurdles or goals we have coming up.
34 weeks (on Monday!) - the boys will still need to go to the NICU, but not for as long and with no lasting effects.
35 weeks - He'll start to check and see if I'm dilating.
36 weeks - They won't stop my labor and the boys will most likely be able to come home with me!
38 weeks - They will induce me!  As long as I've progressed far enough.
So April 2nd in the date that we are shooting for, it's nice to be induced and know everything is taken care of at home.  It's less stress.  Which is only 4 weeks and 6 days away!
Sometimes I think that's not that long, I can do that.  Other days...it seems like an eternity!  I asked Jacob the other day if I could just have them now.  I know they'll have to go to the NICU, but at least I'd feel better right!?  After some rational thinking, we decided it was best they stay in there for as long as possible.

Physically, I think I'm feeling better than I did with the previous twin pregnancy, but that's hard to prove.  I really do pretty well most of the time, true getting up and down from the floor takes some effort and strength.  I spend a lot of time in the bathroom, for obvious reasons but also because I get short peaceful moments where I can sit and not have little ones trying to climb on me or NEEDING me to do something for them. I try not to lift the boys unless I have to, it takes a toll on my back later one.  And occasionally I can sneak into a store for a short trip, which is kind of a no no.  But I'm trying to just listen to my body and maybe stretch it to it's limits a time or two.

Emotionally I know I'm doing better than before.  I'm actually pretty calm about it all; I'm sure because I can picture how I'll do things in my head.  I actually think we can pull it off, once we get me healed all the way and get decent energy back.  I've made a rough schedule that seems pretty doable after the first couple of weeks are through.  But let me reassure all of you thinking she's crazy if she thinks it will be easy.  I don't.  I know there will be moments when all 7 of us will be crying.  Probably multiple times a day.  But all things considered, I think we can slowly get accustomed to our new life.  And can I say how amazing my neighborhood is?  We met with the Relief Society president and the compassionate service leader Tuesday night to talk about what we would need help with.  That night she posted on our neighborhood facebook group that we would need help with meals and the dates we were thinking of.  They offered 2 weeks, which I was floored to get that much and graciously accepted.  In 24 hours time 26 families had volunteered to bring us meals or help in any way possible!  Unbelievable!  We really do live in the best ward and neighborhood.

1 comment: