Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Difference

It's amazing how one day can change from the next.  Yesterday wasn't a horrible day but it had it's low points.

I was second guessing our decision to put Steven in kindergarten this fall.  (I know everyone and their dog will say to wait until next year so he'll be the oldest, biggest, and smartest.  But he's the oldest of 6 brothers in 4 years, he needs to be the youngest here.  He needs to get out of baby mode and into big kid mode.  He needs his own thing.) That being said, I'm still scared that he's not ready and we'll ruin his life.  We bought him an app to try and get him ready, something fun right?  Yeah, it's not as fun to him anymore and I was literally forcing him to play a game on the iPad.  I thought for sure I'm ruining this kid's life.  But thankfully after a prayer, I was able to see Steven doesn't need to be the top of his class, just average.  And I think he knows enough to be average; thankfully I was able to think of a game that allowed me to see how much he knew without him knowing he was doing "homework."  Score one for the sneaky mom.

Christopher told me he didn't want to be a peacemaker.  He wanted our home to be grouchy and sad.  

Everyone told me multiple times my dinner was disgusting.  (it really was, even Jacob and I kind of choked it down.)

Today just seemed like a brighter day.  (even though it's storming right now)  I did my same usual chores, but the kids seemed to more content to play with each other and help me out.  There were still fights and screaming at each other, but I think there won't ever be a break from that.
Boxes are the best...unless you only have two and four kids want to play with them.  Luckily they are easy to slip out to the recycling bin.  Problem solved.

Honestly I think it's just that I was trying to have the Spirit more in our home, in my heart all day. A lesson I need to remember and remember if I want a happy peaceful home like today rather than a "grouchy and sad" home like yesterday.

FYI: The other day we were outside playing and a cat came along; normally this is when my children come running to me. (they are afraid of almost all animals.)  Which they did.  BUT William and Ryan were brave and that made the older two want to be brave and before you know it:
It started with Ryan...

Then a finger from Steven.
(look at Christopher's concerned face)

BAM.  They pet it.

He was happy and actually asked if he could join our family.

I'm proud of my boys overcoming their fear...of this cat.

1 comment:

  1. i.love.you.
    and the boys vs the cat was hilarious!
    you are doing great.

    the other day when i was going through hundreds of thousands of photos, i came across some of you and i! and it hit me hard that you only had steven and christopher at that time! who wouldve guessed that you would have TWO SETS OF TWINS NEXT! oh my goodness. its just totally awesome. TOTALLY awesome.
    and you, my dear, are the best. the Lord sure loves you and trusts you. i am so glad i have your example in my life.
    xo

    ReplyDelete