Saturday, September 6, 2014

Dining Out

We had a rare occurrence tonight so I thought I should document it.  Jacob's been working 13 and 14 hour days this past week and his boss gave him $50 to take me out to dinner somewhere nice.  We considered using half the money to pay for babysitters and then going to dinner with the rest, but really it's a lot of work to find at least two girls who are available and with short notice we just decided to take the kids with us.  We decided on Dickeys BBQ.  You order your food as you would at a fast food restaurant, but it's high quality food AND you get unlimited ice cream cones.  Our kids were all over that.  They ate their rolls, waffle fries, and a few bites of meat fast so they could get to the ice cream cones.  But here's the best part:  they were good.  They didn't run around, yell, spill food all over.  They just sat, ate their food, talked about football that was on the T.V., and were cute!  It was quite refreshing!

 When I was coming back from the bathroom William met me and pointed to his diaper indicating he needed to go to the bathroom.  I told him we could go and he ran to the bathroom I just came out of, I told him we'd need to leave his ice cream cone with dad; it couldn't come into the bathroom.  He looked at me and said, "NO" and went back to the table.  This kid has a mind of his own and isn't afraid to share it.  When I told him he couldn't have any more water in his cup (after he spilled his) he took the cup, and walked over to the dispenser to get it himself.  This kid and his new independence.  I'm glad he's cute.
 They were so good, Jacob and I didn't know what to do with ourselves, so we took a picture.
 Then a worker saw us and asked if she could take it for us.  I was impressed.






When William saw me take a picture with Ryan, he wanted to be in one too.
 We decided to leave on a good note, before any meltdowns occurred.  But first each boy had another ice cream cone.  Except Steven who had a root beer float for his encore.
They were so excited when dad would fill it up!

 As Jacob and I were getting everything thrown away and getting Spencer and Max into the car, these boys decided to take a break and eat outside.

It was such an enjoyable evening!  I'm sure this won't happen for a long time, so I might as well enjoy and document it when it does.

1 comment: