Friday, September 5, 2014

Ogden Temple Open House

I had this wonderful idea that Jacob and I would take just Steven and Christopher to the Ogden Temple Open House.  It would be wonderful, we'd feel the Spirit, and Steven would ask wonderful questions that would lead to great discussions about temples.  A place that is so dear to Jacob and me.  We dropped off the little boys at my sister's in Farmington and then headed to Ogden.  I tried to start up a conversation about how important Temples are and all Steven wanted to do was watch a movie.  Luckily we went early enough that we hardly had to wait to go in, and then the questions started.  "Why are there so many stairs?"  "Why are there flowers there?" "Why can't I touch that?" "Why are we going so slow?" "Why do I have to talk quietly?" You get the idea, not quite the conversations I had in mind.  But it was beautiful and it was great to be there with our boys, I can't wait to take them to other open houses closer to us soon! 

Can you tell we have sensitive eyes?



Yeah not the most flattering, but hey we were there!
 Jacob took this amazing picture.  It really is breathtaking in there

 Afterwards we stopped for a quick bite to eat, don't worry there wasn't any great conversation here either.  But they still wanted to document with more pictures.
"Mom, take a picture of me by this pole!"

"Mom, take a picture of this!"
I'm so grateful for Temples.  The promises Jacob and I made there, the peace it brings in our hectic lives, the revelation we've recieved there, and most of all the way it binds our family together forever.

1 comment:

  1. i am inspired by you. its so obvious to me why God gave you all those boys- to raise in these last days. you and Jacob are an amazing team! xo

    ReplyDelete